Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: (ASCEND) ISDN over 24 Channel T1

Dennis Duval wrote:           (written on 06/22/00 at 13:13)
]
]Yes, it is completely possible.  I have just finished setting my system up
]to do this very thing.  It was not an easy road for me because of
]difficulties in me understanding what needed to be done by the phone company
]and then relating that to them.  Also the multilink works perfectly.  My
]ISDN customers are getting 112 Kbps over dual channels.

Thank you very much for that report!  I was hoping that someone
would post something like that (even though I am about to test it
out here for myself since I'm now pretty sure I can do it).

]This is what it finally came down to.  The telco had to set up to send
]digits on an incoming call.

The nice part about my installation is that I don't have to worry
about that stumbling block.  My max4048 terminates only ISDN
callers, and all analog modem cards have been removed.  Therefore,
my max does not need to be able to distinguish between call
types, because it handles all incoming calls as ISDN data calls.
We did this in order to terminat DOV (Data Over Voice), so that
our users could make their data calls 'look' like voice calls
(at 56kbps) so that they could avoid paying $.01/minute/channel
which is charged by the telco for data calls.  Now we just
want to go one step further and replace our $750/mo T1/PRI
with a $210/mo CT1.

]The hardest part is to find someone at the Telco who good with translations
]and who will help you out.  If your Telco happens to be Sprint, I can put
]you in touch with someone.

I  know what you mean... I have been down that road more than once... which
is why I'm very glad that I don't think I need to for this particular
case.  :)

Thanks again for the excellent info!